601 SW Adams St, Peoria IL
In 1955, Florence Holzschuh and Helen Durdel served donuts and coffee to homeless men in Peoria while standing in a storefront. Soon after, they met with the Ministerial Association, to enlist help for housing homeless men. In 1968, that Rescue Mission finally found a home – on Southwest Adams. The present standing building was constructed in 1985, and Peoria Rescue Missions has expanded to include a Women’s Pregnancy Center, Victory Acres, and Esther House. The neon “Jesus Saves” sign calls those in need of help to come receive ministry and aid.
To order a print – CLICK HERE.